Many people are looking for a way to know how to install any custom ROM on their device. So, if you are too looking for a working method to install custom ROMs like LineageOS, CC, Resurrection Remix, etc then keep reading this article. In this article, I have written a full step by step guide to install custom ROM on any Android device very easily. But before installing custom ROM, you need to make some changes in your device.
Now the first thing which you take care of is to know which custom ROM you want to install in your Android device and after selecting the ROM, you need to check whether your device is compatible with that ROM or not. Once your device is compatible you are then good to go.
It merits referencing that it might take a touch of research if there are different variations of your telephone—like there are with most Samsung Galaxy models. All things considered, you’ll need to ensure the handset codename and processor data coordinates your telephone. You can find that information on the Lineage download page for your telephone.
When you’ve affirmed that ROM you selected really has a form for your device, you’ll have to ensure your PC has all that it needs to get you where you have to go: ADB and Fastboot. We have an astounding aide on beginning with ADB, so that is certainly suggested perusing before you begin.
Now below are the required files which you gonna need to install custom ROM on your device.
TWRP Recovery: Download Link
Gapps: Download Link
Now once you are done with downloading the above files, now you need to make some changes in your device like enabling USB debugging, if you don’t know how to enable USB debugging then follow the below directions.
Go to Settings >> About Device >> Build Number [Tap on it 7 times to enable developer option] >> Developer Options >> Enable USB Debugging.
Now in order to flash custom ROMs or any other flashable zip files, you need to install any custom recovery like TWRP, so if your device don’t have TWRP recovery installed then follow the below steps to install TWRP recovery on Android device.
How to Install TWRP recovery on Android Device
- First, of download ADB and Fastboot drive from the above download section and install it in your PC or Laptop.
- Now download TWRP recovery image file from the above download section.
- Now connect your smartphone to your PC or Laptop by the help of USB cable.
- Now its time to boot your device into fastboot mode and it can be done by pressing and holding power button + volume down button simultaneously.
- Now once your device is booted into fastboot mode, now you need to open ADB and Fastboot which you just installed.
- Now you need to check whether your device is connected properly or not:
- Now type:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img
- Now once TWRP is installed, type the below command to reboot your device
How to Install Custom ROM on Android Device
- Now first of all download any custom ROM which you want to flash on your device.
- Now boot your device into TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding power button + volume down up button.
- Now once you are in the TWRP recovery mode, you’ll see a screen like this
- Now tap on Wipe > Dalvik cache > swipe to wipe.
- Now tap on Install > Select ROM file > swipe to flash ROM.
- Go back and tap on reboot.