Realme recently released Realme V5 and many users purchased this device. The review we got from the users so far about this device is really good. Users are really liking this device as it is a budget-oriented smartphone and Realme done a fantabulous job on this smartphone. However, some users requested us to create a tutorial on How to root Realme V5 so after receiving many requests to root Realme V5, we are finally here with the guide. So, if you are also interested in rooting for realme V5 then keep reading this article till the end.
The process of rooting any device is actually not so difficult if we have TWRP recovery available for that device. The good news is we have the Realme V5 TWRP recovery file and now the process is easier. First, we need to install the TWRP recovery on Realme V5, and once that is done we need to flash the Magisk on Realme V5 to root it. Don’t worry it may sound a little complicated to you if you are rooting for the first time but believe me the process is really simple we have explained each and every step below in detail.
Before we jump directly to the rooting guide, first let’s discuss the device itself.
Realme V5 Specifications
Realme V5 is a budget-friendly smartphone by Realme. It is powered by MediaTek MT6853V Dimensity 720 5G which is a very powerful chipset. Talking about the memory of this device, Realme has provided two variants of this device, one is with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage and another one is with 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. Talking about the cameras of this device, Realme has offered a quad-camera setup in this device, it has a 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP rear camera and a single 16MP front-facing camera. This smartphone came with Android 10 out of the box and it is highly expected that Realme will release the Android 11 update for this device in near future.
Now as we have discussed the Realme V5 specification. It is now the time to discuss about benefits of Rooting a device.
Benefits of Rooting Realme V5
- Once your device is rooted you can install all application that requires root access.
- You can start modding the application.
- You can flash custom ROMs and zip files.
- You can customize your mobile according to your needs.
- You can also install the Xposed framework once your device is rooted.
How to Root Realme V5 5G?
Well as I already told you, developers have released the TWRP recovery file for Realme V5 so, first of all, we need to flash the TWRP recovery on Realme 5, and then afterward we will flash Magisk via TWRP recovery.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme V5
- First of all, you need to enable USB debugging on your device, if you don’t know how then go to Settings >> About >> Tap on build number 7 times to enable the developer options. Once the developer option is enabled you need to tick the box next to USB debugging to enable it.
- Now download and install ADB drivers on your laptop or PC.
- Now it is time to download the TWRP Recovery file for Realme V5 on your laptop or PC.
- Boot your device into fastboot mode now by pressing the power off and volume up button simultaneously.
- Connect your device to your PC or laptop via USB cable.
- Launch Fastboot command window and start typing the below commands.
- It will now show whether your device is connected to your PC or not.
- Now to flash the TWRP recovery, type the below command and make sure to rename the file name of TWRP recovery exactly as written below.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- It will now start flashing the TWRP recovery and you need to wait for few minutes.
- Once flashing is done, you can detach the cable and reboot your device.
Steps to Root Realme V5 5G
- Download and save the Magisk.zip in your device.
- Now you need to boot your device into TWRP recovery mode.
- To boot your device into TWRP recovery mode you need to press the power button and volume down button simultaneously.
- Now go to Wipe >> Advanced >> Cache data.
- Go back to home and select Install.
- Select the Magisk file that you downloaded and saved earlier in the above steps.
- Wait until the flashing process gets done.
- Once it is done, go back and tap on Reboot.
Now your device is rooted you can also check whether your device is successfully rooted or not by download an application called root checker.
If you have any query or you are stuck at any part then comment down below and we will help you.